Sunday, May 5, 2013

"I Normally Don't Like Clowns, But You Guys Are Really Good"- Man At Intermission

Saturday, May 04: Arthur, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 88
Lot: gravel lot

We entered Amish country on this morning's jump. In honor of the occasion, Radar and Elisa rolled onto the lot in Arthur with the stereo blasting "Weird Al" Yankovic's song, "Amish Paradise".



Unfortunately it was another dreary, rainy day. Luckily I was in a much better mood and mindset than I was yesterday.
Part of that came from the fact that I walked to a little Amish coffee shop down the road. Their lattes and giant cinnamon rolls were a sure cure for the mud show blues.

My phone's map program told us that there was a laundromat a mile away from the lot, but it only gave an approximate location.
We desperately needed to wash our clothes, but I didn't want to walk all that way in the rain with heavy bags of laundry only to find there was no laundromat.
We scouted it out, and sure enough the laundromat was there; however, that did not change the fact that we would have to walk all the way back, collect our heavy bags, and then walk through the rain to get back to the laundromat.

The way the lot was set up today prevented us from getting the carpenter box to the back door. I would have just moved my truck to the street on the other side of the lot for easier unloading, but I was blocked in.
Cookie gag again!

We made some trims to the gag since the last time we did it; it went really well, especially for the second show.

And now some random show musings:

I'd like to thank our little fans, Hunter and Coye, who drew some circus artwork for us. I was hoping they'd come over at Intermission so we could thank them in person, but they never introduced themselves.

Circus fan, John Broker, was here today. I saw him in the tent and around the lot throughout the day.

During Intermission a man was taking our picture with his little boy. Since he was taking a picture of clowns, the man decided to be silly and count up to the picture thusly, "1, 2, 5!"
Ryan burst out laughing, and later explained that it was because he instantly thought of this scene from "Monty Python & The Holy Grail":

http://youtu.be/xOrgLj9lOwk?t=2m8s

After the shows Radar, Elisa, and I went across the street to a delicious BBQ restaurant that I remembered from last year.

No comments: