Saturday, May 4, 2013

"I Think We're All Going To Evolve Into An Amphibious Species"- Johnny Moss Commenting On The Weather

Friday, May 03: Vandalia, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 32
Lot: Chuck Wagon Cafe parking lot

Today's lot was nasty. Words can't really describe how nasty it was. I was going to use some photos that Sue took of the lot, but I don't think they can do justice to how nasty it was.
It was gravel, but there was also grass. There was mud, puddles of water, and slippery black algae. I think the sum of all its parts is what made this lot into such a cocktail of horrors.
What I'm trying to get across is that the lot was nasty....

During the first show I kept looking at the audience, and almost everyone I saw seemed to be feeling miserable about being at the circus. I really didn't blame them today.

Since it was raining right before Intermission, the elephants were inside the back door with me as we waited to enter the tent.
All of a sudden one of the pachyderms let one rip; I had to walk into the tent to avoid throwing up, passing out, or suffocating (or some combination of the three).
Ah, sweet showbiz.

During Intermission a little girl walked up to our table, pointed her finger directly at me, and yelled, "You were funny!"
I thanked her, and then pointed at Ryan, asking, "What about him?"
The girl looked at him in deep thought for a moment, and then shook her head and said, "Nope."
Pete and I needed a minute to recuperate from our laughter. Poor Ryan....at least he wasn't the clown that smelled like an elephant fart.

The rain continued on and off throughout the evening. It usually started up again whenever we were loading props into my truck or I was getting into the big mouth costume.
It was a rough night; I felt bad for everyone that worked in the nasty weather to take down the tent.

As you can tell from the "Debbie Downer" tone of this post, it was just one of those days.



To quote John Moss from this evening, "Ethel Merman can kiss my butt."

Amen, John!

Tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

Tejano said...

When you all played McAllen one of the audience members was sprayed by one of the lions. The lion just let it rip at her. The lady was gagging as it hit her in the face and front. She took it well.

:)