Thursday, May 2, 2013

Self Deprecating Quote Of The Day In The Post

Wednesday, May 01: Mascoutah, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 45
Lot: Across from Sheve Park

Happy First of May everyone!
For those of you not familiar with circus traditions, back in the day most circuses began on the 1st of May. The term came to mean a performer in their first season with the circus.
I think the main place the term is used nowadays is on Ringling with new clowns. So, in honor of the occasion, here are Ryan and I as baby clowns on the Big Show back in 2003.

I was 20 and he was 19. Both of us were just a little less stupid than we are now.

It was another beautiful day; a guy could get used to that! Alex helped us design some postcards that we can give to cool families we meet at Intermission.


It'll be nice to feature some of our fans on the blog if they send in their pictures with us.
(Also, if any of you aren't following us on FB and Twitter, why not start now?)

Alex usually comes to visit us in September, but he will be in Israel at that time this year. Before he took off, Ryan and I gave hive some money to help fund his trip.
Be safe, Alex, and thank you for always being such a good friend and a big help to us.

Dave Williams and Charlie Bellatti were at the first show today. They came over to visit with us during Intermission. I figured we'd be seeing them during our stint in Illinois.

The second audience was fantastic; they were a lot of fun to perform for. 
During the trombone act Ryan and I had to squeeze past a group of teenage girls on our way into the ring. I apologized to them for the close quarters, and when I got into the ring, I patted my pockets and said to the girls over the microphone, "Hey, where's my wallet!?"
After a pause I looked at the audience and added, "I'm just kidding. I'm a clown! I don't have any money."
I couldn't believe how big a laugh that line got; I didn't know whether to be proud of myself or insulted.

1 comment:

Alex Zaprudsky said...

I had a great time visiting you guys, as usual! Thanks for your hospitality, generosity, and most importantly your friendship!

Until next time - להתראות (lehitra'ōt)