Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sorry, There Was Bad Signal Yesterday...


Tuesday, May 7: Paris, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. 
"I Want To Call You 'It'!"- Little Boy During Trombone Gag
Miles: 44
Lot: fairgrounds

When we arrived at the lot this morning, Christian and I both had an "ah ha" moment of recognition at exactly the same time.
I was under the belief that we had not played Paris before, but as soon as I saw the lot and the Rural King across the street, I remembered it from last year.

I was going to check out the Rural King after my morning nap in the hope that they would have baby ducks, but Ryan had already visited it by the time I got up, and he informed me that they did not.

It was a nice, sunny day, what seemed like the first one we have had in awhile.
I took advantage of the nice weather and walked to downtown.
There were a few antique stores that we ducked into, but we didn't find anything that interesting. 

We encountered a fair share of rude people during the two Intermissions tonight. I was happy that tomorrow would bring a new town and new audiences.


Wednesday, May 8: Clinton, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. 
"Ryan, When You Stick Your Tongue Out, Can You Taste Your Paint?"- Noah
Miles: 18
Lot: Sportland Park

We had an earlier call than we normally would have had this morning since we lost an hour driving into a different time zone in Indiana.

It was a sunny, very humid day. I walked into town, but we didn't find anything interesting to explore.

I had a hard time putting down the Stephen King book, "11/22/63", today. It is about a man who goes back in time to avert the JFK assassination.
I just started the book yesterday, and I am already 350 pages in (about 150 of which I read today).

During the first Intermission Ryan and I had fun talking to a little boy named Noah, and his family, who were sitting in the bleachers behind our coloring book table.

For awhile now the connection from my trailer to my truck that controls my trailer lights and brakes has been acting up.
Lately I have had lights, but the trailer brakes haven't been working. Castro looked at it today and used his mechanic magic to get them operational again. Thanks, Castro!

No comments: