Saturday, May 18, 2013

"You Guys Are The Best Part Of The Show. I Laughed My @$$ Off."- Man At Intermission

Friday, May 17: Madison, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 31
Lot: High school

On this morning's route slip there was a note that said everyone had to be on the lot in Madison by 6:45 a.m.
I left 15 minutes before the call time (I needed to get fuel), and I still just made it to the lot in time.

I have been on the look out for baby duck since Easter, and today I noticed there was an Orscheln's Farm Store not far from the lot.
Expecting the answer to be "no", I called just to see if they had any ducks. The lady answered, "I just sent a girl to go pick them up. She should be back in 15 or 20 minutes."
Whoo hoo!

I walked over to the store to see my choices. There were two groups of ducks; one group contained two day old ducklings, and the other group were three to four weeks old.
I decided that I wanted a younger one so I could bond with it; I don't want another vindictive, bloodthirsty duck like Emmie on my hands.

There were two types of ducklings: Pekins and Mallards. I told the clerk that I wanted a Pekin, so she reached in and grabbed one.
I didn't really get a good look at her (I think it's a her) until we got home, but she is adorable!




I spent the day bonding with and falling in love with her. I decided to name her Polly since she likes to perch on our shoulders like a pirate's parrot.

Our friend, Jeff Schott, came to visit today. He brought some fresh fruit and coconut water with him!
I joined Jeff and Ryan and his family for lunch over at a Mexican restaurant.
Ryan was nice enough to pick up the tab.

After lunch we walked next door to explore a big flea market. I didn't find anything for myself, (although I did see sets of Batman movie trading cards that I had when I was a kid), but I did pick up a copy of the book "Angels and Demons" for Radar.

Jeff watched the first show, and then we visited with him for awhile afterwards. I'm so glad he got to come out and see us.


1 comment:

Brian Aslak Gylte said...

Polly is so cute! At first I thought you asked for Peking duck!

I've never considered having a pet duck, but now you're putting ideas in my head...