Saturday, June 29, 2013

"And These Are Portuguese Tarts"- Mat. "I've Worked With A Few Of Those"- Me.

Friday, June 28: Acushnet, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 15
Lot: White Fun Center

This morning's route slip let us know that we were heading to a difficult lot....it sure was!
The tent and semis were all over on a small, fenced in, grassy area, and everyone else was parked on sandy, muddy ground with high weeds all around us.
Where I was parked, there was virtually a jungle from the middle of my trailer back. Prime tick country.

Despite the bizarre set up, I was able to get off the lot with my truck. I went to do laundry, and I also found a grocery store; both trips were extremely necessary.

Our friend, Mat Coes, lives in the neighboring town of Fairhaven, and he took me to lunch in New Bedford, the other town close to Acushnet.
Mat took me to a great locally owned Mexican restaurant, where we ate and talked about his time as a mud show clown and his current job with a small printing business.
On our drive to and from the restaurant, Mat astonished me with his vast knowledge of the histories of New Bedford and Fairhaven.
When he dropped me off at the lot, Mat gave me a box of Portuguese goodies to share with Ryan and Dee Dee, who he worked with on Circus Kingdom.
Thanks, Mat!

John Allen, a photographer who has taken some impressive circus portraits, was around the lot today. He wanted to take a picture of me and Ryan after the carpenter gag, but we were parked far from the back door and didn't have a lot of time to change for Intermission.
We tried to find him before the second carpenter gag, but he had already left.

No comments: