Thursday, June 13, 2013

"Excuse Me, Sir. Sir? Where Is The Bathroom?"- Little Boy Talking To The Llama Dressed As Uncle Sam

Wednesday, June 12: Clayton, NJ-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 25
Lot: Elementary School Grounds

This morning I walked to Dunkin Donuts for some breakfast (God bless the north east!), and then I found a post office so I could send some money home.

It was a nice, sunny day, so Ryan took the opportunity to spray paint the sawhorses and the toothbrush prop.

The new programs arrived today, and I am definitely a fan. I told Ryan that they reminded me stylistically of the Clyde Beatty programs I had as a kid (from 1989 and 1992), which he agreed with.

After the shows we had to jump to Browns Mills, the next town, in order to avoid school bus traffic in the morning (so I heard).
I hurried after finale to leave the lot so I wouldn't be blocked in by the bandwagon. I was musing to myself that we had to do a night jump from a lot that made it as difficult as possible for us to leave while the tent was up.
The main problem was there were sprinklers all over the ground that we had to avoid, and I also had to spin my rig around in front of the midway so I could properly exit the lot.
Christian was just finishing up at the side show when I was making my fancy maneuver, so I waited for a second so he could jump in and ride with me.

I almost blew the final set of arrows for the lot in Browns Mills. My headlights aren't the brightest, and I was straining to see the three turn arrows indicating where the lot was.
All of a sudden I caught sight of one of the trailers being parked, and a split second later I spotted the three arrows pointing to the left.
I slammed on my brakes, nearly causing a three car pile up behind me. After the vehicles had passed me, honking and swearing the whole time, I was able to back up a couple of feet and make the turn properly.

No comments: