Sunday, June 16, 2013

Howling At The Blue Moon

Saturday, June 15: Carteret, NJ-2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.

I woke up this morning feeling horrible. I had a pounding headache, and my stomach was queasy; in essence I felt like I was hungover. However, I haven't had a beer in a week!
Ryan told me that he woke up feeling dehydrated as well; I guess we sweated more and drank less water than we realized yesterday!

Dave Levine, one of our Circus Clowning Intensive students, came to visit today. He watched the second show, and during the third show we talked with him about his progress since the Intensive, and his plans for the future.

I told Dave that his doppleganger was at the first show on Friday. During the carpenter gag I spotted him in the audience, and I was certain it was Dave!
I kept wondering to myself why he wouldn't tell us that he was visiting, but when he came up to buy a coloring book at Intermission, I realized he was an impostor!

Dave's visit was one of the only high points of the day. I was not feeling it today due to my weakened constitution, and slogging through the mud for three shows did not help matters.
On top of that, people were very rude at Intermission, which was a total reversal from the nice folks we met at yesterday's shows.

Dave brought a beer free roll for me and Ryan, and although my headache told me that a drink was the last thing I needed, a nice, cold Blue Moon sure went down smooth after a long, frustrating day.
Anyway, I figured if I was going to suffer the symptoms of a hangover, I might as well have a beer! (Yes, I know. Hungover after one beer. So, I'm a lightweight; sue me!)
God bless you, Dave!

P.S- I felt great this (Sunday) morning!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Hi Steve,
For the show next Sunday the 23rd in the Township of Washington, will the tent be set up that morning, or the night before?
Thanks,
Matthew Lish

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Matthew,

The tent will be set up Sunday morning. Everything will start around 8 or 8:30 a.m., and the big top should start going up around 9:00 a.m.

Steve