Friday, June 14, 2013

"Meep Meep!"- Road Runner

Thursday, June 13: Browns Mills, NJ-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 50
Lot: Haines School Complex

This morning after I woke up and got my ducks in a row, I joined Pete and Ryan for a trip to Dunkin Donuts, which is the best way to start off a morning!

After eating the breakfast of champions, I took advantage of the laundromat a block away from the lot. I remembered the place from three years ago when we played Pemberton, the neighboring town.
While I was washing my clothes, a monsoon hit! Ok, not really, but I couldn't believe how hard it was raining.
There was also a crash of thunder that nearly deafened everyone in the whole facility. Good thing we were all in a convenient place to wash our underwear!

By the time my clothes had dried, the rain had died down considerably. I had the forethought to bring my umbrella, so I was good to go.

I had lunch at a Jersey diner right next to the laundromat, where I ate my favorite dish, Eggs Benedict!

By that time the sun had come out, so I jumped in my truck, headed to a gas station to get fuel (not lifting a finger in the process, since every station in New Jersey is full service), and went to get groceries.


Unfortunately they didn't have the groceries I needed, but now I'm well equipped to catch or kill a roadrunner!

During the first carpenter gag, I was running around with the out of control saw when all of sudden the bungee "extension cord" attached to it caught on the front bumper of the car.
As I ran away from the car, the bungee pulled tighter and tighter until it snapped! I kept on with the gag as if nothing had happened, but I was soon at a disadvantage when it came time to throw the saw at Ryan.
I tossed it over my shoulder while I was standing at the ring curb, but my body's muscle memory made me throw it the same way as if I had the bungee to help the saw ricochet into Ryan.
I quickly realized that, so I spun around, balled my fists together, and whacked the saw into Ryan the same way I would have served a volleyball.
Clown ninja, right here!

Apparently the fire marshall had a wild hair about wanting to cancel the second show due to bad weather. He kept saying if there was even a mention of a tornado watch, he was calling it off.
Luckily the weather cooperated and there was a second show. In your face, dude!

After the shows we made a night jump to the next town, Carteret. The ground was pretty soft as I was leaving, so I had to turn on my 4 Wheel Drive to get off the lot.

It rained the whole jump to Carteret; it didn't rain hard, but just enough to be annoying.

We took the Jersey Turnpike for about forty miles of the trip, and what a white knuckle journey it was!
In addition to the rain, there was a lot of construction, which meant narrow lanes. Semi trucks were zooming past me, and between the rain, the dark, the water blowing up in my windshield from the trucks, and the narrow lanes, there were a few times I was sure I was going to crash.
Even when the turnpike opened up a little, my trailer was still fishtailing every now and then from the semis flying past.
Screw you, Jersey Turnpike!

Luckily I made it to the soaking wet lot in Carteret around 11:30 p.m.

No comments: