Friday, July 19, 2013

"It's Hotter Than S***! I Feel So Sorry For You Guys, Because Your Lives Suck Today."- Lady At Intermission

Thursday, July 18: Conneaut, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 18
Lot: Lakeview Park

The lot in Conneaut is right next to a beach. It has been a couple of years since we played there, so I was very excited about the prospect of an afternoon of fun in the sun.

Ryan and I played with Nico in Lake Erie, and when a big group of circus kids came over, we all had fun building pyramids in the water.
Christian, Gerard, Ryan and I kept trying to pull off a four man high pyramid, but the waves (and our clumsiness) kept interfering.


Thank you, Becky, for the photos.

Even though our acrobatic prowess wasn't up to snuff, I had so much fun at the beach today. It was exactly the kind of thing I needed to get my mind off the day to day monotony of mud show life.

As you can tell from the quote of the day, it was very hot (as it has been for the past several weeks). The worst part though, is the humidity. I don't remember sweating so much the past few summers (of course I could be repressing those memories); it reminds me of being back in South Carolina.

The second audience tonight was fantastic; they were the most responsive crowd we've had in what feels like a long time. Not only did they laugh loudly, the people would continue laughing, which allowed Ryan and I to play around and milk the laughter. If only every show was like that; this job would be a piece of cake!

There was a wooden stage located in the backyard today, so before Finale Ryan and I jumped up there and started dancing for the "enjoyment" of the cast waiting to go on.
I concluded the presentation with a striptease, taking off my chef outfit to reveal my sexy, sweat soaked V-neck t-shirt and my swim trunks.
Raul's son, Luis, told me later, "Steve, you have pretty legs." If I had a nickel for every time someone told me that....

No comments: