Saturday, July 6, 2013

"The Girls Even Remember Your Names! Steve And Robin!"- Woman At Intermission

Friday, July 5: Laconia, NH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 83
Lot: Memorial Park Field

It was a very hot, humid day. Even when we arrived to the lot around 7:30 a.m., it was already becoming a scorcher.

After getting my trailer and ducks set up, I walked into town to go to my favorite restaurant in Laconia; they have the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had.
Unfortunately, the place had recently suffered from a fire and was temporarily closed. D'oh!

"Simplicity the Clown", the owner of Clown Supplies, brought pizza for the show today at lunchtime. She also dropped off a book that our billposter, Al, had picked up for me called "Clown For Circus And Stage" by Mark Stolzenberg.
I used to check that book out of the library all the time as a kid, so it is great to have a copy in my possession. Thanks, Al!

After lunch Ryan and I went to the new Clown Supplies location and stocked up on make up, noses, and socks.
I also bought a set of beginner juggling clubs for Christian, who has been learning to juggle. The gift was for his 22nd birthday, which was today.

Alex, one of the mechanics, washed my truck and trailer today. I barely recognized it after the cleaning; it looks great!

Some performers from the Hanneford circus, which is performing nearby at Story Land, came to see the second show.
Among them were the Rinney Family, who Ryan and I worked with two years ago on the Bill Hall Christmas tour.

After the shows Radar, Elisa, and I took Christian out to a steakhouse for his birthday dinner. We had to wait awhile for service, because apparently our original waiter threw a fit in the kitchen, tossed a tray of food on the floor, and stormed out.
I love dinner and a show!

No comments: