Thursday, July 11, 2013

"You Know, You're The Reason We Come To The Circus Every Year"- Woman At Intermission

Tuesday, July 09: Merrimac, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 63
Lot: Waterhouse Field

Ryan and I met a boy named Brandon at the first show who is one of our biggest fans. His mom informed us that he
watches our Youtube channel "OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER......."
http://www.youtube.com/user/COPELANDandCOMBS   (Now you can too!)
Brandon informed us that his favorite video was our new promo, which Ryan was happy to hear. After all, he's the one that put hours of work into selecting and editing the clips that were used.

We had good shows tonight, but the ground was difficult to work on. It was very bumpy and sacred....I mean hole-y.
Also, another piece of the harness in the big mouth prop broke, so I made a mental note to ask Fridman to weld it on our next work day.

Speaking of the big mouth, here is a video taken from inside the mouth during the 5:00 p.m. performance of Kelly Miller in Washington Township, NJ back in June. Without further ado, MOUTH CAM!

http://vimeo.com/69106414

Many thanks to Lisa Soverino for providing and attaching the GoPro camera and for editing the video.
(And no, I don't always carry on an inner monologue to express the mouth's feelings. That was strictly for your enjoyment!)


Wednesday, July 10: Hudson, MA-Day Off!
Miles: 51
Lot: Elks Pavilion

I was very excited about our day off today! Ryan and his family went to Boston to take Nico to the aquarium.
I had originally planned to go into Boston as well, but the idea of taking a train in, walking all over the place in the possible rain, and then taking a train back didn't really appeal to me today.

Instead I drove just three miles down the road to the Solomon Pond Mall where I was able to walk around inside (where it can't rain!), people watch, buy some used video games, and watch a movie.
Several people had recommended "The Heat", a female buddy cop picture starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
All three of my friends had told me how funny it was, and I was not disappointed. It always feels good to sit, relax, and laugh.

Radar's sister, Lindsay, is visiting for a little while, so tonight we had a barbecue with her and one of Elisa's friends in attendance.
Unfortunately, halfway through the get together it started sprinkling (even though there was sunshine), so after we ate the cookout disbanded fairly quickly.

I was worn out by the end of the day (I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had gone to Boston), so I went to bed early and got a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding your latest blog title: "You Know, You're The Reason We Come To The Circus Every Year"- Woman At Intermission

She'll just have to come to Circo Hermanos Vazquez when it's in here area in 2014.