Sunday, July 14, 2013

"You Made Parker Want To Be A Clown!"- Parker's Mother

Saturday, July 13: Dalton, MA-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 70
Lot: American Legion Field

The Wayne McCary CFA tent was on hand this morning to provide us with coffee, pastries, and donuts.
While stuffing my face I visited with Dan McGinnis and Allan Kirk, who gave me some back issues of "Circus Report".

The Wayne McCary tent also provided lunch for the show, with Carolyn acting as the guest speaker. Thank you to Tent #172 for your hospitality!

Twin photographers Jason and Justin Senft visited one more time today. They came to inspect the new Kelly Miller 75th Anniversary patches that they designed especially for the cast and crew. The patches are a nice addition to the souvenir Kelly Miller shirt that they also created.
They snapped a few pictures of yours truly modeling the patch and shirt. GQ all the way!

My clown friend, Mike Reading, drove over from Agawam, MA with his son to watch the first show. We had a nice visit after the performance; I haven't seen Mike since our first year on KM.

During the second Intermission we met Parker, a little boy who, according to his mother, wants to be a clown because of us. She explained that he has been looking forward to seeing us all year.
I don't take those statements lightly, because when I was Parker's age, I made the decision that has shaped my life so far.
We gave Parker one of our postcards, and I tried to catch him and his mother after the show to give him an autographed 8x10 photo, but they split as soon as finale was over.
Parker's mom, if you're reading this, send me an e-mail at stclown@lowcountry.com so we can get that picture to you!

No comments: