Friday, July 5, 2013

"You're A Kangaroo!"- Boy At Intermission

July 04: Swanzey, NH-2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:30 p.m.

Michael Newton Brown, who was a clown on Ringling in the early 70s, was going to come visit Kelly Miller today in Swanzey.
He called just a few minutes before his expected arrival time because he was having trouble finding the lot.

Finally he called and told me that he was in Swansea, MA, and not Swanzey, NH. When I first invited him out to the show a month ago, I sent him a route sheet that still had some holes in it.
The Swanzey date was also incorrectly labeled as Swanzey, MA, hence the mistake.

I felt like a real horse's rear end about the whole situation; I'm sorry, Michael. I hope we get to see you when we get back to Massachusetts.

We had three shows today. We really didn't need three shows today, but we had 'em. And it was hot!
Hoo, Lordy! It was hot!

The third audience was responsive for the carpenter gag, and there were people that clapped every time we did something they liked.
After one vigorous round of applause, I held out my hat and encouraged the audience to throw money; someone actually threw me a quarter!
And people said there's no money to be made in the circus business!

While we were waiting for finale, we were treated to a few fireworks coming from opposite parts of town.

Radar and Elisa invited me over for a 4th of July BBQ with delicious hamburgers that Elisa bought. While we ate we watched some of the circus kids screwing around with small fireworks.
No one lost any digits, so I'd say it was a successful Independence Day!

No comments: