Friday, August 16, 2013

"Bumbles Bounce!"- Yukon Cornelious

Thursday, August 15: Birch Run, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 35
Lot: Birch Run Rd. & Dixie Hwy.

Our lot today was right next to a movie theater. I could have taken 100 steps from my trailer door and I would have been in line to buy a ticket.
Unfortunately there wasn't anything playing that piqued my interest. Go figure!

In addition to the movie theater, there was a big outlet mall just down the street. Despite the shopping convenience, Ryan, Peter, and I decided to spend our afternoon in Frankenmuth, the Bavarian themed tourist town that was only eight miles away.

We played Frankenmuth our first two years on Kelly Miller, but I haven't been able to visit since.
We had lunch at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant, where we ate delicious German food. We then walked around downtown Frankenmuth so we could take in the general cheesiness. Speaking of which, Ryan made sure to pick up a bag of cheese curds, and I tried chocolate dipped cheese. Delicious?

Our next stop was the crepe shop in the shopping plaza right across from the field where the circus used to play.
Peter was laughing about how the German town had annexed a French shop. We spent the rest of our time in town looking for a piece of Poland.

On the way out of Frankenmuth we stopped at Bronner's, which is the world's largest Christmas store.
Peter had never been before, so Ryan gave him the nickel tour of the massive shop. Meanwhile I spent over $70 on Bumble ornaments.
For those of you that don't remember, my Christmas is always themed after the lovable yet terrifying abominable snowman from the stop motion animated classic "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".


The shows were hard to get through tonight. If we hadn't made our pilgrimage to Frankenmuth, the day would have been a complete bust, in my opinion.

No comments: