Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Clown, You're So Handsome!"- Woman To Ryan At Intermission

Monday, August 12: Redford, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 21
Lot: Bell Creek Park

Our friend, Rick, was visiting today. He brought donuts in the morning, so Ryan, Peter, Radar, Elisa, and I visited with him while we partook of them.
In addition to the donuts, Rick brought kielbasa sausage and beer for all of us. Whoo hoo!

In addition to bringing gifts of his own, Rick also played Santa Claus on behalf of a couple of other folks. Theresa, one of his co-workers, sent us three bumpy cakes:(http://www.freep.com/article/20130426/FEATURES02/304270011/Sanders%20Bumpy%20Cake%20Detroit%20100)
Thanks, Theresa! Now we will be more bumpy!

Also, Rick delivered four packages chock full of goodies from our friend, Carol, in Maryland. Rick took a video of me opening the packages so Carol could experience the wonder and greed on my face as I opened each box.
It was then up to me to evenly distribute the contents of the packages per Carol's instructions. With some items it was not easy to share (the Berger cookies in particular: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berger_Cookies).
Thank you so much, Carol, for spoiling us even when we're out of your state!

Ryan needed to go into Dearborn Heights to visit a shoe repair shop, so Rick was nice enough to drive us.
While there Ryan dropped off a pair of his clown shoes to have some eyelets repaired, and he also picked up shoe dye and got instructions from the helpful owner of the shop about how to apply the dye.

Today it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained! At least by showtime it had quit and we had two good shows. The second audience in particular was fantastic.

I got to meet Theresa, our bumpy cake benefactor, and her two boys this evening. She and Rick watched the second performance. Also in attendance was my friend, Elizabeth, and a couple of her friends.
With Elizabeth and James

I felt bad for our friends that the second half of the evening show was cut a little short due to an impending storm, but I was happy they got to see us work in front of such a responsive audience.

After the shows I said goodbye to Rick and visited with Elizabeth and company for awhile.

A big thank you to Rick for showering us with gifts, visiting with us, and making us feel welcome to Redford!

In closing, I have a favor to ask of anyone that receives Circus Report:
Could you please e-mail me the review of Kelly Miller from the August 9th issue? Thank you!
stclown@lowcountry.com

2 comments:

JIM ELLIOTT said...

I saw the matinee in Pinckney, today and I can TRULY say, the two of you made me laugh, for some time. The Laurel and Hardy gag was GREAT. You both should be complemented on your hard work and the EXCELLENT PROPS you have. Thanks for giving me some laughs today.

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Jim,

Thank you very much. We're glad you enjoyed our clowning.
Thanks for coming out to see the show!

Steve