Saturday, August 31, 2013

"I Drive The Short Bus! Do You Want To Take A Ride? Just Remember, You Have To Lick The Windows First Before You Put On Your Helmets!"- Woman At Intermission

Friday, August 30: Beecher, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 46
Lot: Fireman's Park

I wish I was making up the quote of the day, but some callous, insensitive woman actually said that to us during Intermission.

It was a very hot day. This afternoon Nico and Armando's son, Argio, were playing in their little pool while Ryan supervised. They took a break from their swimming and splashing to discuss Spongebob Squarepants.
Ryan chimed in by saying, "You two look like Spongebob and Patrick."
This led into the following exchange:
Nico: "I'm Spongebob! Argio is Patrick!"
Argio: "Patrick is lazy! Like Steve."

Kids say the darndest, truest things...

Between shows we had rain for the first time in what seems like forever. There were warnings from The Weather Channel about hail and 60 mph gusts of wind, but the storm we received wasn't too bad. The ominous clouds rolling in sure had me worried, though.

Tavo told me and Ryan that we were going to move off the lot after the shows because of the storms. Since the next town was only 18 miles away, it was decided that we would drive there tonight.

It didn't take me long to get to Schererville, IN; after I set up my trailer, I decided that I was hungry.
My phone told me that the town's "restaurant row" was only a mile and a half away, and since it was a nice night, I decided to take a walk to get there.
Unfortunately my Apple Maps program took me through a neighborhood and then to a dead end. There was a fenced in factory smack dab in the way of my route.
I attempted to get to the restaurants by walking along some nearby train tracks, but the farther I got away from the main road, the scarier my surroundings became. I turned back before a hobo could jump out of the weeds to deflower and kill me...not necessarily in that order.

Finally accepting defeat, I began my walk back to the lot, via a different route. On the way I passed a little shopping plaza, where I found a Mexican restaurant that was open until 2 a.m. Score! They also served my favorite Mexican dish, tortas. Double score!

1 comment:

Arts in the Family said...

Never a dull moment for you!

Alberto