Friday, August 2, 2013

"Osh Kosh Bagosh! Subway!"- Faux Portuguese

Thursday, August 1: Hartville, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 34
Lot: Hartville Hardware

I'm happy to say there were no problems on this morning's jump.
Fridam attached safety chains to my trailer that I can hook onto my truck's hitch when I travel. Now, if the unthinkable ever happens again (and I hope to God it doesn't), at least my trailer won't take off on a bloodthirsty quest for wanton destruction.

There is a huge hardware store and also an indoor market next to the lot in Hartville, so after my morning nap I wandered over to the market and met up with Jeff Potts, Ryan, Peter, and Nico.
We had lunch and then Jeff and I walked around checking out the different little shops and booths.

Jeff then gave me a lift to the post office so I could send in my paid ticket, and then we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things for our barbecue.

Polly was doing much better today, so I just have to make sure and keep giving her the antibiotic until everything has cleared up.

During tonight's second Intermission I got to flex my linguistic muscles by busting out a couple of different languages.
First I "impressed" a Brazilian lady by using two of the words I know in Portuguese: pineapple and prunes. I can rest easy that if I ever go to Brazil or Portugal, I will not go wanting for fruit!
I then used some American Sign Language to communicate with a hearing impaired woman. I even signed the refrain from the song, "Don't Laugh At Me", which I learned back during my Christian clowning days.

After the shows a group of us had a barbecue with food that Radar and Jeff had bought. Right next door at the Rosales's trailer there was an even bigger get together. It was a nice night for a party.

In closing, Radar is selling one of a kind, tiger foot print paintings to raise money for the construction of new tiger enclosures.



The prints are available in a variety of colors, and they are only available for a limited time. If you are interested in purchasing one of these unique gifts, please contact me at stclown@lowcountry.com

2 comments:

Tejano said...

Haiving just returned from Portugal, I understood about 50%. You need to visit Lisbon,beautiful country.

Steve Copeland said...

I hope you had fun on your trip! Looking forward to hearing about it when I see you next year.

Steve