Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"What's Your Favorite Part Of The Show?"- Ryan "I Haven't Been To A Carnival Since I Lived In Hastings!"- Little Girl

Sunday, August 18: Lewiston, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 72
Lot: elementary school

Two years ago I remember that there weren't any open gas stations on the jump to Lewiston, so I made sure to fill up my tank before we left the previous town.
Luckily we were going a different way this time around, so there were plenty of open stations. Still, I'm glad that I played it safe. Lord knows I don't always have the best luck on jumps.

It was nice to see people in the seats again today. I only wish they had looked like they were enjoying themselves. Still, I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Peter and Ryan were kept amused today by the number of people they saw in the crowd that looked like characters from the TV program, "Duck Dynasty".

During one of the trombone gags Ryan and I began playing in the audience area for the first time. One little boy sitting in front of us was so startled by the sudden noise that he dropped his cotton candy on the ground.
As I watched him, he picked it up, picked the grass out of it, and continued eating. Thirty second rule!

After the shows a few of us walked down the road to a little restaurant to have dinner. I knew we had picked the right place when I saw this on the menu:

"Did somebody just step on a duck?"

Monday, August 19: Mancelona, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 40
Lot: Palmer Park

This afternoon I went to the post office to send a few packages, and I also went to the grocery store. Naturally I forgot to make a list before I left the trailer, so I forgot many things that I needed.

There were a lot of dusty areas on the lot today, and there just so happened to be one right in front of our coloring book table. The wind and people walking by kept the dust perpetually hanging in the air, so we were two filthy, coughing clowns by the end of Intermission.

We met a photographer with crazy, striped, neon green shorts that told us he used to be a cage fighter. Ryan decided that from now on he's going to introduce himself to people with that tidbit of information.

I've gotta say, it was really nice to hear big laughs again during the shows tonight.

1 comment:

John said...

Cage 1- Ryan 0.