Friday, September 27, 2013

"He's The Angriest Gamer You've Ever Heard....."

Thursday, September 26: Round Lake Beach, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 15
Lot: Civic Center

The drive this morning was only 15 miles, but it took well over an hour due to morning traffic, construction, stop lights, and trains.

The lot today was rather uneven. My trailer was leaning at a drastic angle towards the door, so going from one end of the house to the other was quite an adventure.
I have blocks for leveling, but not very good ones. Usually when I try to level my trailer with them, the trailer ends up just falling off the blocks. I usually just put up with unevenness for a day.

One definite plus of the lot was that we could pick up Wifi from the Home Depot next door. I spent all afternoon watching Angry Video Game Nerd and Monster Madness videos from one of my favorite websites- Cinemassacre.

Christina, the sister of my friend, Lisa, came to the first show with her family. In appreciation for the pass I got them, Chris brought me a Starbucks gift card. Sweet!

The audiences tonight were fantastic; a trend that I hope continues for the rest of the season.

While I was getting my trailer ready for travel tonight, the heel came off my right clown shoe. I used some Shoe Goo to glue it back in place, and I put on my old Converse sneakers for finale.
I looked like an early 1980s Ringling Red Show clown!

The show jumped to the next town after the 7:30 performance, but a few of us in the backyard had to wait until the tent was down to leave.
Luckily I was first in line, so as soon as the stakes and canvas were out of the way, I hit the road and safely made it to Island Lake around 11:00 p.m.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
Sorry I didn't get to visit with you at Round Lake Beach. Caught the 7:30 show - had the distinct pleasure of watching it with Mr. North. All the best to you for next season.

Paul Holley
Racine, Wis.

cirbly said...

Since you announced you would be on Vazquez next season I have been thinking about your trailer. Don't know what you plan on this winter, but you might want to consider a new rig$$$. I sure you realize the great assistance that is always there on the mud show with mechanic, etc. But I read of a lot of the trouble you have had on the road. Look carefully at the jumps Vazquez is making and realize how many more miles you are going to drive next season even though you are stationary for a week or so at a time. You want to be safe on those long Interstate jumps with all the semis, construction, idiots, etc. Love the blog. Safe travel my friend. Carl

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Paul,

Sorry we didn't get to visit with you. I saw you sitting with Mr. North, though. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Carl,

You are absolutely right. One of the (many) things I'm doing this winter is getting a new trailer.
The one I have has served me well, but it has been on the road since it was brand new in 1995. It's time for it to retire.
Thanks for reading the blog!

Steve