Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bad Decisions

Friday, October 11: Troy, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 27
Lot: Next to RP Lumber

Ryan was still feeling under the weather today, so he skipped the "Scare-athon" in favor of more rest.
I watched "Bram Stoker's Dracula", which I had never seen before. I liked it, but it was a little long towards the end. Still, it was one of the best movies we've seen so far out this year's selections (not that the competition has been very stiff).

Ryan and I met a lot of people during Intermission that were very complimentary. One gentleman said that he enjoys reading the blog, one woman had heard we weren't coming back and told us she would miss seeing us, and a few people told us they come every year to see us perform.
It's nice to know that we have made an impact on audience members during our time on Kelly Miller.

One woman and her grandson came up to us during the second Intermission and said, "We made some bad decisions."
Ryan quickly countered with, "So did we. Just look at us!"
The woman went on to say that she was teaching her grandson a lesson. He wanted a coloring book, but had already chosen to buy a few other novelties as soon as they arrived at the circus.
At first I thought she was going to give us a sob story to try and get free merchandise from us, but I was pleased that she was legitimately teaching the boy a life lesson in delayed gratification....or Reaganomics....I'm not exactly sure what her point was.
Ryan and I gave the kid a high five and told him to enjoy the rest of the show, which he seemed pleased with.

The St. Louis Arches, a group of young performers from the St. Louis based "Circus Harmony", performed at the beginning of the second half.
I didn't get a chance to see them work, but from what I heard they did an outstanding job.

No comments: