Thursday, October 17, 2013

"Do It Like A Clown! Boing Boing!"- Lady Instructing Her Daughter How To Jump In The Bounce House

Wednesday, October 16: Auxvasse, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 38
Lot: Lions Club grounds

Today Ryan and I worked with John Sayre on his new strong man gag. We didn't have access to the ring, but we were able to run through it in the area between the bleachers and the ring side seating.

Over half of the current Ringling Red Show Clown Alley came to visit this evening. They open tomorrow night in St. Louis, which is about two hours away, so they made the trip tonight to come see us work.
They brought a free roll comprised of strictly red items: red Gatorade, a red can of Pringles, BigRed chewing gum, etc.
This is an old tradition between the two Ringling units. You always take free roll to the clowns that is strictly red or blue.
Frankly, I don't care what color food is, as long as it's free! Thanks, clownies!

The ring mat was very slick for the second show, so the Alley got to see me slip and fall a few times while I was running around with the power saw (or chainsaw if you live in a wealthy town in Illinois). Hopefully my floundering looked funny; I pictured myself flopping around like a clubbed seal.....however, I stayed committed to making the saw seem like it was out of control the whole time!

After the shows I ordered some pizzas and hosted a hang out in my trailer. We were able to fit seven Ringling clowns, the head of the Red Show's nursery, Ryan, Peter, John and Clara Sayre, and myself into my narrow trailer.


We had such a great time visiting and laughing, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end. The Ringling clowns had to get back to St. Louis, and we all had to get to bed in preparation for our 95 mile jump in the morning.

3 comments:

taz-39 said...

Wish I could have come with :/ I didn't realize y'all were so near!

Sounds like a good time was had though :)

Safe travels!

Steve Copeland said...

Megan,

I'm really sorry you didn't come. If you're on the show next year, we should be near you in Houston.
Then I won't be a jerk, and I'll remember to let you know!
Enjoy the rest of the tour!

Steve

taz-39 said...

You are not a jerk :)
We'll come across each other again soon for sure!