Sunday, October 13, 2013

"He Wants To Know If You Have A Tail"- Woman Explaining Her Son Looking Behind Me

Saturday, October 12: Troy, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.


Dan Reynolds, who used to work with us on Kelly Miller, came by to visit today. I talked with him a bit before the first show, and then Ryan and I were able to chat with him a little more during the Intermissions.

There was a man in the audience for the first show who wanted to propose to his girlfriend. Right before the end of finale John Moss stopped the number and introduced the man, whose name was Paul. Paul took the microphone, got down on one knee, and proposed. Fortunately his girlfriend said yes, which saved us all from a very awkward finale.

A lady during the second Intermission felt the need to tell us that she didn't like clowns. By this point in the tour, I have begun to just immediately ignore anyone that says something of the like, but that just caused the woman to explain herself further, "A clown chased me one time, and I ran into a pole!"
This made me laugh pretty hard. Ryan put the topper on the situation by adding, "Shouldn't you be afraid of poles, then?"
After she left, Ryan and I began wondering aloud where all these clowns that chase people are coming from. We agreed that we'd both be too lazy to chase anyone.

After the shows Peter and I drove to St. Louis to visit the City Museum, a huge warehouse that's designed like a giant jungle gym. Patrons are invited to climb on and play in almost any architecture in the museum. There are tunnels made of old refrigerating coil suspended high in the air that you can crawl through, there are hidden crawlspaces everywhere, some of which take serious exploration to discover, and there is even a ferris wheel on the roof of the museum!
Jessica Hentoff, the executive director of Circus Harmony (which is based out of the City Museum), hooked us up with free passes, which we were extremely grateful for.

The three of us were like big kids climbing all over and through the different exhibits and mazes. One of my favorite parts is climbing through the refrigeration coil tunnels outside of the museum. Some of the tunnels even arch high into the air, which give you a terrifying view below. You can even crawl through two airplanes suspended between tunnels.

One of the highlights for the three of us was the 10 story slide inside the museum. Around 11:00 we decided it was time to head back to Troy, but we all wanted to go on the slide one more time.
Peter went ahead of me, and then when it was my turn, I noticed lots of money and cards in the slide.
I grabbed as much as I could on my way down, and when I got to the bottom of the slide I found out that it was the contents of my wallet!
Peter was holding onto my wallet since he had pockets that snapped shut (having the contents of your pockets slide out in the City Museum is a constant possibility). Unfortunately his shorts tore on the slide, and my wallet tumbled down the slide after him, dumping all of its contents.
I had grabbed some cash and one of my credit cards on the way down, and luckily the girl behind me grabbed the rest of the loot for me.
It was definitely a memorable way to end the evening!

No comments: