Friday, October 18, 2013

"How Much Are Them?"- Grown Man Asking The Price Of Coloring Books

Thursday, October 17: Camdenton, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 95
Lot: Lake of the Ozarks Amphitheater

Last night while we were hanging out with the Red Unit clowns, I was making everybody laugh by describing the overly complicated method one clown used to teach the simple walk into a wall bit.
Well, this morning I rolled out of bed half asleep, put my wallet and phone in my pockets, and turned around, nose first, into a wall.
I prefer the overly complicated method....

This morning's drive seemed to drag on and on, and towards the end my eyes were getting very heavy.
I planned to take a 30 minute nap once I was done setting up my trailer at the new lot, but I ended up sleeping through my alarm and crashing for almost two hours. I guess I needed the rest!

John Sayre had rehearsal time in the ring this morning for the strongman gag he wrote. Ryan and I helped him get used to the ring space, block the bits, and tighten up the gag.

Today's lot was definitely difficult to work on; there were huge rocks all over the place. In fact, the ground was so bad that we didn't use the little clown car for fear all the wheels would just break off the chassis before we made it around the ring. I was grateful that I only do one easy fall in the carpenter gag!

Ryan and I have been slacking the past couple of days with our "Scare-athon". We've been so busy helping John, plus just our daily routine of moving and doing the shows, that we haven't found the time to sit down and watch a film.
I decided that even if we don't get to watch a horror movie together, I'm still going to get my Halloween fix.
Tonight during the shows I watched the Universal classic, "The Mummy". I appreciated the make up effects on Boris Karloff, but I just have a hard time getting into the slow pacing of the classic monster movies.

Just a heads up: I'm taking tomorrow off to celebrate my 30th birthday. I'll see you all again on Sunday with two blog posts!

6 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Hi Steve,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and hope you have a great day.
Now when you said the Mummy to me that is a real old time horror film.
And Jack Pierce was the one to thank at Universal for that great make up.
He also did Karloff In Frankenstein and put those famous electrodes on his neck.
And to do what they did back then in 1931 as optical sound had only been out just a few years.
You will be missed on KM and you two are REAL clowns and to me the best in the business.
Please keep us posted on your blog in 2014.
Hope to see you down the circus trail.
Harry in Texas

Tejano said...

Hmm, Steve....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/19/world/americas/mexico-cartel-figure-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Clowns!!! :)

Anonymous said...

A very happy Birthday to the aging entertainer.
Sure will miss you and Ryan & assorted characters next year. A suggestion for the Blog next year: post twice a week. Like on Wednesday and Sunday. That would keep most all of the Blog followers happy I bet.
But only once a week would be a long time for us to be without your inspiration.
How will you handle the language barrier ? Do you still live in your trailer and Ryan in his motor home? I realize that staying in place for often weeks at a time will be a
And lastly -- when ya get tin' married? :-)
Jon Walker
Spencer,In & Kissimmee Fl
"The square donut man"

Steve Copeland said...

Harry and Jon, thank you for the birthday wishes!

Jon, I like the idea of posting twice a week. I think I can make that work!
I will handle the language barrier by hiding in my trailer, or having Ryan translate for me!
I live in my trailer, and Ryan and his family live in his motorhome. Both of us are getting new trailers next year, which is exciting.
I'm in no rush to get married!

Tejano,
I have people that can vouch for where I was when that happened!

Steve

Tejano said...

People that can vouch for you eh? New trailer......

How does one make THAT much money...

:)

Last week, HAVE FUN!!

Steve Copeland said...

Whoo hoo!

Steve