Friday, October 25, 2013

"I Feel So Sorry For You"- Kid To Ryan

Thursday, October 24: Ardmore, OK-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

It finally arrived, the final day of the 2013 Kelly Miller Circus season, as well as our final day with the show.

Ryan, Tatiana, Nico, and I spent most of the afternoon running around town. We browsed the books, movies, and games at Hastings, we went by Staples so I could print out a contract for an upcoming Halloween gig, and then we swung by a florist so Tatiana could buy flowers for her parents.

Our final day at Kelly Miller was chock full of visitors. Ryan and I had a nice visit with Tina Bausch, the advance clown for Culpepper Merriweather, who was recently honored with a Lifetime of Laughter award for her 29 years (and counting!) in the circus business.

Natalie and her daughters, Georgia and Genevieve, also came to visit, fresh off their tour with Culpepper. It was good to see them again, and I was able to give them the gifts I picked up for them on Kelleys Island.

Last night at the Halloween party I was able to see Lucky and Vickie, who were the music department our first several years on the show, and also Mike and Pat, who tour with us in TX. Both couples were around today to see the final shows.

Dudley, the Kelly Miller WQ caretaker, his daughter, Carol, and her husband, Rich, also came out today to see the first performance. I look forward to catching up with Dudley this winter over root beer and cashews.

The surprise visitors for the evening were former Cole Bros. clown, Manny Casalino, and his son, and Joel Falk, who was the rope spinner and substitute camel presenter our third year on Kelly Miller.

The last two performances were extremely hectic as usual. It was a shame that the ground in the tent was so terrible for our final stand. I am REALLY looking forward to performing on a solid floor next year.

After the gaucho act in the second performance, John Moss made a presentation to Mr. Fusco in honor of his final performance. John talked about Norberto's career while the whole Fusco family (that is on tour with KM), came into the ring to give him flowers.
I wish I could have seen it, but I was backstage waiting to go on for the mouth gag.

When it was all over, I wasn't feeling sad or nostalgic. I was just relieved that the tour was over.
We will miss our Kelly Miller family, but for right now, it's time for a break!

I capped off the evening by joining a large group of folks from the show for dinner. It was a nice way to end the season, but we didn't get to bed until 1:00 a.m.

Check in Sunday for the next update!

3 comments:

EleFanOhio said...

So long and thanks for all the laughs.

Don said...

Thanks for letting us tag along with you throughout the tour. It's been a great ride.

All the best,

Don Covington

Circus hotel said...

Thanks again for letting us ride along on your adventure wishing you only the best
Ned Kronberg