Monday, October 21, 2013

I'm Getting Lazy With My Posting....

"I Came All The Way Over Here On My Bad Ankle To Get A Picture With You!"- Limping Woman
Friday, October 18: Strafford, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 69
Lot: school grounds

This morning I went to a laundromat in Springfield, MO, which wasn't too far away. Pete tagged along because he wanted to check out a used movie and video game store.
Luckily our last laundromat visited on this year's tour was a good one; no flooding washers or faulty dryers!
Before we headed back to the lot, we swung by Gamestop so Pete could buy a few used video games for my birthday.

Back at the lot Ryan, Pete, and I helped John Sayre with his rehearsal in the tent. We had him run his strongman gag a few times with music, sound effects, and props.
John has an audition tomorrow for the clown job for next season. Jim Royal is coming to see it, along with Mr. North.
Ryan and I requested that John do his gag in the first show today so that tomorrow he wouldn't have the pressure of the audition AND doing the gag for the first time in front of an audience.

Around show time it began to rain, which made the cold weather even more nasty.
Ryan and I had a great carpenter gag in the second show, but unfortunately the public was really getting on my nerves during Intermission. I think part of the reason for my short patience was the weather.

Tonight during the shows I watched the classic zombie movie, "Night of the Living Dead". I am a huge zombie fan, and it's always nice to see the film that created the type of zombies that people are so familiar with today.

After the shows we all had to move off the lot because the rain was expected to continue throughout the night.
One of the semis got stuck right in the entrance to the lot, but the rest of us were able to get off the grass in different places.
Unfortunately the lot was surrounded by a ditch, which limited the number of exits, but I followed a few trailers through a spot where the ditch was just a slight dip in the grass.
We all parked down the street in the parking lot of the high school.


"You Want Your Face Painted? I'll Do It With A Roller When We Get Home"- Man To His Child
Saturday, October 19: Wheaton, MO-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Miles: 79
Lot: Body of Christ grounds

Today was my 30th birthday. Where did my 20s go?!?!
John and Clara Sayre treated me to breakfast at a restaurant across the street. I thought it was interesting that the restaurant was an establishment where people can still smoke inside; despite that, the food was delicious!

John Sayre performed his strongman gag for both performances today as an audition for Mr. North and Jim Royal. Ryan and I gave him tips after each performance, and I was happy to see the routine tighten up and John's confidence grow each time.

At the start of the second show Ryan and I were talking and joking around with Jim Royal when Ryan suddenly realized that he had forgotten his microphone for the trombone gag.
Ryan quickly gave me his trombone and rushed to the back door to retrieve the mic. Fortunately he made it to the tent's entrance just in time to start the gag.

After the shows Ryan, Peter, Radar, Elisa, John, Clara, and I had a big cookout to celebrate my birthday.

I think I can safely say this was one of the best birthdays I have had in a long time. Thanks, everyone!


"It's Time For Action!"- Nico
Sunday, October 20: Commerce, OK-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Miles: 78
Lot: Beside Commerce Community Church

I don't have much to report from Commerce. At this point in the tour, knowing that we only have 5 days left, my boredom has begun setting in.
To help alleviate my weariness, I changed the color of my bottom lip to black for the first show, and red for the second.
I know, I know....I need to calm down.

Peter gave the cast and crew a good laugh in the second show's production number. He plays a whooshing sound effect when Lamont blows his final, giant fire ball. For several days now Pete has been hinting to Lamont that a different sound effect might get played sometime, but it would have to come as a surprise.
Well, today was that day! Lamont readied himself, blew the fire ball, and the sound of a gigantic burp echoed throughout the big top.
All of us backstage were doubled over with laughter, and Lamont was no exception when he came backstage.

Six shows to go!

No comments: