Friday, October 4, 2013

"La Cucaracha!"- Man Shouting Out A Request For Us To Play On Our Trombones

Thursday, October 3: Kewanee, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 61
Lot: corner of 3rd & Elm

During the night it began raining, and during our drive this morning there were times when the rain was coming down in buckets. At one point I could barely see five feet in front of my truck from the amount of precipitation.

When I got to the lot, trucks and trailers were lined up along the street waiting to park. As soon as I pulled onto the lot's saturated ground, my truck got stuck. I turned on my 4 Wheel Drive and got to my parking space without further incident.
The lot was a disgusting, muddy mess after all the vehicles had pulled on. It finally stopped raining once everyone had arrived, but it stormed again in the late morning.

Today for our "Scare-athon" we watched the 1982 horror film, "Basket Case", about a man who carries his parasitic twin brother around in a picnic basket.
There's not much I can recommend from this film, but the terrible acting and hideous actors were amusing.
Seriously, he was one of the best looking ones

My friend and mentor, Ron "Toto" Johnson, came to visit today, bringing with him a case of Heineken beer. Thanks, "Toto"!
I had a good time catching up with "Toto"; he and Sam Drummond were the first two former Ringling clowns who mentored me when I was a teenager.

The audiences tonight were great, which made me and Ryan happy. We always like for our friends to see us in front of responsive crowds.
The mud didn't pose too much of a problem to us during the show either, so that was a plus.

There was a profoundly drunk man in the tent during the second show that was drinking malt liquor from a paper bag.
When he was ejected from the tent, he became agitated. His sister let the folks at the front gate know that he was fresh out of jail.
Before finale the man was stumbling around in the backdoor looking to bum a smoke from somebody.

They all come here.....how do they find us!?

4 comments:

Greg michales said...

Steve try watching The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920), Dracula (1931- Spanish version), and Cloverfield (2008).
Cameron Michales

Steve Copeland said...

I watched Cabinet a few weeks ago. We watched Dracula last year (even parts of the Spanish version.
Cloverfield we haven't seen.
Thanks!

Steve

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the 1960 Circus of Horrors. Campy but great shots of the then beautiful Billy Smarts Circus and one of the most gorgeous web numbers of the day.
Denny

Steve Copeland said...

Haven't seen that one either, believe it or not!
I'll add it to the list!

Steve