Friday, October 11, 2013

Sorry, There Was Lousy Internet Yesterday


"Congratulations On The 75th Anniversary Of Your Circus"- Sincere Young Man At Intermission
Wednesday, October 9: Litchfield, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. 
Miles: 40
Lot: A& D Electric parking lot

This morning for our "Scare-athon" we watched the Italian horror film, "Demons", about a group of people trapped in a movie theater as they are transformed into monsters one by one.
I had seen the movie as a kid, but it had been quite awhile since the last time I saw it; most of the plot was still a surprise to me.

Elisa tipped us off that there was a big Salvation Army across the street from the lot, so I joined her over there after the movie.
I was very lucky and found everything I needed for my Halloween costume. 

After a quick trip to Walmart to pick up supplies, I dyed the jacket and pants that I bought from the Salvation Army.
The jacket came out exactly like I wanted, but the pants still have a long way to go. Looks like I'll be picking up more dye!

Ryan was sick today, so I took over the talking parts in the trombone gag.

There was a lady in the front row during the second show who was on her cell phone for almost the entire performance.
During the carpenter gag I made a big deal about turning off the car alarm so she could deal with her phone call, which was obviously so important that she needed to devote all her attention to it.
My rant got some nice laughs from the audience, and Mr. North came over to tell us how much he enjoyed it, and how he couldn't believe how rude some people are.
The last time we saw her in the seats, the woman was still on her phone. Sigh.

After the show I got a wonderful surprise. Tina Bausch, the Cupepper Merriweather advance clown, gave me a call from Sarasota, FL, where she is attending the 45th Anniversary reunion of the Ringling Clown College.
The reunion begins tomorrow morning, but a group of alumni had already arrived, and they were having a good time around the hotel pool.
Tina passed the phone around so I could talk to some of the folks there; it really meant a lot to me.
I would love to attend the reunion (even though I didn't go to Clown College, road clowns are welcome), but my job as a circus clown comes first.
I'm very grateful to Tina for letting me be a part of the fun for a little while. Have a great time everyone!


"I Cut Off My Daughter's Head"- Man Talking About Taking A Picture….I Hope
Thursday, October 10: Staunton, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Miles: 17
Lot: Fireman's Park

This morning for the "Scare-athon" we watched the 1986 horror film, "April Fool's Day".  The movie has a nice twist ending, but it was slow going up until that point. It didn't help matters that the movie's audio track was so low that I could barely hear the dialogue, even with the volume cranked up.

It's hard to believe that our tour with Kelly Miller will be over in just two weeks. During the shows tonight I was reflecting on how quickly five years has gone by.
I will do my best to cherish my remaining time on this show.

1 comment:

Tejano said...

I wish you were playing the Valley one last time. That way I could get a seat front row and be on the phone all the time you guys are on. :)

Course, when the tigers come out, I would move to another seat in the stands. I still remember the lady who got sprayed by the tigers last time. It was hilarious as she was right by the sign that warned her of that possibility. :)

Have a great final two weeks!!