Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday, October 27

Greetings from dreary Hugo, OK!

On Friday the 25th, the show made its 105 mile jump from Ardmore, OK to the Kelly Miller Winter Quarters in Hugo.

The final jump occurred without incident for me, no matter how hard the fates tried to get in one last mishap.
I stopped for a bathroom break around the halfway point, and as I walked back to my trailer, I noticed that the door to my propane tanks was completely off, and it was just leaning against my trailer jack. One big bump, and that bad boy would have gone sailing into the road.
Thank goodness my guardian angel was watching over me for my final Kelly Miller jump.

Once my rig was parked at Winter Quarters, I immediately plugged my trailer into a power source. Hooray for 24 hour power!

Ryan and I have been taking it easy the past few days. We began organizing and cleaning out Ryan's storage unit, which is always a monumental undertaking due to the sheer amount of clown props and paraphernalia, PLUS household items from both of us.
I also began cleaning out and organizing my trailer. I've been scouring the web for a new trailer, and I've found a few exciting leads.

I've been having fun showing John, and Clara the sights around Hugo, and taking them to some of my favorite haunts. Of course we've been to Angie's Circus City Diner, and also to Busy Bee for delicious burgers.

On Saturday it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained! I was so happy that we didn't have to go out in the elements to perform!
It was a perfect day to stay in to play video games and watch movies.
Speaking of which, Ryan and I have continued our "Scare-athon". My pick of the week is the excellent ghost film, "Mama", produced by Guillermo Del Toro.

Things should start to pick up this coming week as we begin to work on props for next season. We also have a couple of gigs coming up, so I'm sure I'll have stories to share.
I also have an exciting announcement.......

Tune in next Sunday for the full scoop!

1 comment:

John..... said...

Waiting patiently. Being a patient is my best skill.