Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Monday, July 14: Chicago, IL- 7:30 p.m.


We received more rainfall on and off this morning. When it had slowed down I loaded up my truck with all my dirty clothes and went to do laundry.
While I had the washers going I decided to go on a little walk to explore the surrounding area, but once I was a goodly distance from the laundromat it, of course, began to pour rain.
Since I didn't have the good sense to bring an umbrella with me, I got thoroughly drenched.
I contemplated climbing in the dryers with my wet clothes, but luckily my good sense returned before I went with that decision.

Back at the lot I spent the afternoon cleaning my trailer. While I was taking some trash to the dumpster, Ryan saw me and asked if I was in a creative mood, as he wanted to write some gags. I told him to come over so we could talk while I cleaned.
Through our brainstorming we  came up with some very funny material that we can hopefully use in the near future.

Our friend, Jeff Schott, drove up from Louisville, KY to visit with us for a couple of days. Jeff was a clown at my very first Ringling circus, and he and Ryan got to know each other while they were both with Circus Smirkus.
We used to play very close to Jeff on Kelly Miller, and we would see him on our drive to Pennsylvania from Hugo for the Christmas tour, but our run in Chicago is the only time we'll be close to him this year.

We had a responsive audience for the show tonight. Jeff was in the crowd, but for the life of us, we couldn't find him in the seats. We figured he'd stick out like a sore thumb, because you don't see many tall, bearded, white men in the audience at Circo Hermanos Vazquez.
Jeff had told us before the show that he was staying up way past his bed time by watching the show. Usually he is going to sleep when we are starting our performance because he works a very early shift at Whole Foods.
When Ryan and I couldn't find him in the crowd, I joked to Ryan that maybe he was taking a cat nap on the floor.

Tatiana made a delicious dinner for us after work, and we sat around catching up with Jeff until early in the morning.

In closing, here is the segment we filmed with "El Mariachico" last week in Chicago. Enjoy!



I'm bummed they took out the part where I caught him by surprise with my powder sock. That would've been good television!

5 comments:

EleFanOhio said...

I see you are looking to join Chaplin, Lloyd and Keaton as one of the great SILENT funny men.

Steve Copeland said...

They don't call it physical comedy for nothing!
Plus, they cut out any Spanish that I mangled.

Steve

Tejano said...

They didnt take it out. It shows you hitting him with a sock...or am I mistaken?

Tejano said...

Did they take it out? I though I see you hit him with something

Steve Copeland said...

The shot they used was planned. A few seconds later I nailed him when he wasn't expecting it, and you could really tell from his reaction!

Steve