Monday, July 28, 2014

Saturday, July 26: Chicago, IL- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


Today I had lunch at Portillo's, a Chicago institution famous for their hotdogs and beef sandwiches. I decided on the former, and I greatly enjoyed it.
There is a hot dog place called Hot Doug's that my friend, Lisa, recommended I visit. It is closing in October, and apparently there are always long lines; Lisa told me the line starts forming 30 minutes before they open!

After lunch I picked up some supplies at Walmart, and then I went by O'Reilly Auto Parts to buy a new battery for the little clown car.
The headlights on the car have been incredibly dim lately, and charging the battery did not help. Ryan and I thought maybe it was time to buy a new battery, and we were relieved that when we hooked it up, the lights were shining bright once more.

Ryan was having trouble with his trailer's power today. First he wasn't getting electricity from being plugged into the show power, and then his generator stopped working.
Luckily David, one of the electricians on the show, was able to provide a temporary fix so Ryan's house could have power until he can get an RV repairman to solve the problem during the coming week.

When Ryan and I entered backstage this evening we were surprised to see this poster put up by the dancers on the dressing room curtain:

I guess we're judging a punch party on Wednesday!

Ryan and I promptly made an addendum:


It was very hot and humid backstage today. I suppose we should count our blessings that it hasn't been that way the whole time we've been in Chicago.

It was nice to have headlights on the little car again. For the past week I had been having difficulty seeing the ring as I drove around since the only light source were the spotlights in my face.
I'm lucky that I never crashed into the ring curb and sent Ryan flying into the seats.

We had amazing audiences for the shows tonight, which was a welcome change from last night's performances.
Ryan and I were having a lot of fun performing as well, which I'm sure helped matters.

No comments: