Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sunday, July 20: Chicago, IL- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.


This morning Alex and I went to Panera Bread to pick up some breakfast, and then we brought it back to the lot to enjoy it with Ryan and his family on their "veranda".

The rest of the morning was spent with Alex helping us design a new logo for our 2014 promotional video. Besides just the general design, we needed help with other details since we plan for the logo to be animated.

Doug, John, and Mardi, circus fans from Columbus, OH, came to see the show today and write a review for the Circus Fans of America magazine, "White Tops", of which John and Mardi are editors. They were planning to watch the final performance, but they came by the lot to say hello earlier in the afternoon, and they ended up watching the second half of the 2:00 p.m. show.

Alex watched the 2:00 p.m. performance as well, and halfway through the second show he headed back home to Iowa.
I'm so glad that we got to see him, and Ryan and I really appreciate all the great work he does for us.

There was a big crowd for the 5:00 p.m. show; the biggest we've had since we opened in Chicago.
During the water gag I spotted Rick and Paula Purdue in the second row. Rick has taken photos for the Kelly Miller programs the last couple of years, and I look forward to seeing what awesome shots he took at our show today.
I spoke with them briefly after the show and told them about my breakfast plans with Doug, John, and Mardi in the morning.

We had a fantastic audience for the third show, which I definitely needed for my lagging energy.
Ryan also helped out by giving the third show motivational speech, which he delivered as a roast entitled, "I Hate You All". Very funny stuff!

After the shows Ryan and I were up until almost 2:00 a.m. working on animating our logo for our new promo video.
All the effort was worth it for the 7 seconds of footage, because it looks pretty darn spiffy!

No comments: