Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tuesday, July 8: Chicago, IL- 7:30 p.m.


There was more heavy rain during the night, so when I woke up the lot was starting to resemble how it looked when we arrived a week ago....awful!

I drove downtown today to visit the Museum of Science and Industry, but once again I was foiled in my quest to find parking due to the height of the shell on my truck.
I drove around for a bit trying to find street parking, but I eventually gave up.

I ended up in the Rosemont area where I visited Giordanno's, which is famous for its deep dish pizza. I ordered only a small pizza, yet my leftovers will last me for a couple of days.

On the way to lunch I saw the Allstate Arena, which is where I began my circus career with Ringling back in November of 2002, almost twelve years ago!


I stopped by the shopping plaza next door to the arena so I could snap a picture and have a little trip down memory lane.
Some things that happened during my first two weeks on the Big Show stand out so clearly in my mind that I could almost swear it all happened yesterday.

Ryan and I enter and exit through the seats several times during the performance, and tonight that was a little more difficult because it had flooded under the bleachers from the heavy rainfall.

Before the show Ryan told me, "I've been feeling pretty dizzy all day, and I may pass out during one of the gags, so good luck if that happens."
That's always a comforting thing to hear before we go on!

Ryan was telling Tisok, the prop boss, how he was feeling, and Tisok was talking about how some people believe that the earth being off its axis causes people to have headaches and dizzy spells.
Ryan passed on that bit of information to me, and I was commenting on how I had been having a few headaches lately.
"Maybe it's the earth's axis," Ryan mused, before continuing, "Now I'm going to go fall on my axis to make these people laugh."

4 comments:

Susabelle said...

You need a moped for these little adventures! It would be perfect and wouldn't take up much room.

Steve Copeland said...

I should just start taking the little car into town with me!

Tim G said...

It's a little walk, but there is usually street parking available on the streets of surrounding Hyde Park neighborhood and around the University of Chicago. If you're in a pinch, you could always slip the Secret Service guys guarding the president's house to watch your car for awhile. MSI downtown? Haha...first time I ever heard that.

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Tim,

Crisis solved! Two of the dancers were nice enough to let me catch a ride in their car, so we just parked in the Museum's garage.

Steve