Monday, August 4, 2014

Friday, August 1 & Saturday, August 2: Chicago, IL


8/1/14- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

We had a fantastic audience for tonight's 6:00 p.m. performance, which really surprised me. Those shows can be hit or miss since a lot of people are still getting off work at that time.

Ryan and I had a bit of a sloppy show at 9:00 p.m., but the audience still enjoyed our work. Before the water gag I got a message from Tachuelita, a local clown who came to our show on Wednesday night.
Ryan and I went out front to meet him and his daughter, who loaded us up with Tachuelita Show merchandise. I thought Ryan and I promoted ourselves well, but we don't have our own yo-yos!

Yes, I know. We are a couple of yo-yos. 

He also brought a couple of copies of the photos we took together on Wednesday night, which we signed for him.


Also, at the show was local clown, Tim Gault, who I spotted while we were doing our photo concession.
Speaking of which......

When our photographers bring out our wall with the Vazquez banner, we now do a bit where they run into us with the wall, and we fall flat on our faces.
Well last night, we had just stood back up when the dancers' wall tipped over and almost crushed Emma.
After the commotion had died down Ryan and I yelled at the girls for stealing our bit.

Proving that the American Revolution is over, yet not forgotten, those wacky Brits tried to crush us with our wall as they were leaving the ring.


8/2/14- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.

Nikolai and I went to a nearby movie theater this morning to see "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". 
We both enjoyed the movie greatly (especially since the last film we saw was the clunker, "Godzilla"); I'm usually not a fan of CGI, but the animation on the primates was fantastic.

Nikolai always cracks me up with his comments whenever we go to see a movie. My favorite from today came while one of the apes was speaking in broken English. Nikolai observed in his thick Russian accent, "Ape speak better English than I do."

I was feeling very lightheaded for most of our first performance. I'm lucky that I didn't pass out during the carpenter gag.
I think that I was hungry and dehydrated, so I drank plenty of water during Intermission, and I ate some dinner between shows. I was feeling 100% better for the 9:00 p.m. show.

At the end of the water gag there is a bucket on the ring curb between me and Ryan as we do our spinny leg dance. Tonight there was a new prop guy going to get the bucket, and I was cracking up watching him out of the corner of my eye.
Every time he would go to get the bucket, Ryan or I would kick our legs towards it, and the prop guy would flinch back.
Our feet were never anywhere near him or the bucket, but since it was his first time striking the prop, he was terribly afraid he was going to get kicked in the head.

No comments: