Sunday, August 17, 2014

Friday, August 15: Atlanta, GA- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


This morning Ryan and I had a radio PR in front of the tent. The event started at 6 am, but Ryan and I were very lucky; we came in for the last hour of the broadcast starting at 10 a.m.
The hosts were very nice, and they let me answer my questions in English, which made me feel a lot more useful in publicizing the show.


After completing the publicity I received a call that my clown shoes were ready to be picked up at the repair shop.
I was so impressed when I saw my shoes; they looked like new! The man who fixed them sewed up the two rips in the leather, he resoled both shoes, and he oiled and repainted the leather.
I was so happy to have my Marty Scott shoes back in commission, and now I will make sure to really take care of them.

I wore my old shoes again for the shows tonight. I had forgotten how heavy they are, especially now with new heels and soles.
It was a real workout running around in them once again; I'm going to have to get my legs back in shape!

Between the heavy shoes, the heat, and a dismal first audience, I was dragging by the time the second show rolled around.
Luckily at 9:00 p.m. we had a fantastic audience that gave me all the energy I needed. Hearing their screams of laughter helped me forgot some of the more docile crowds from this past week.


CNN update! I found out that we are simply filming an interview on Sunday the 17th at 1:00 p.m. Also, it is not going to be a national publicity like I was led to believe. Wah wah wah.
I'll try and get footage of it after it airs so I can post it here!

No comments: