Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sunday, August 10 & Monday, August 11: Atlanta, GA


8/10/14- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning I went to a restaurant called "The Flying Biscuit" for breakfast. My friends, Jim and Therese, recommended it to me, and I'm very glad they did.
I was most excited to try the homemade biscuits, but my favorite item from my meal turned out to be the grits. Even though I was born and raised in the south, I have never been a grit fan. These grits; however, were AMAZING!

Unfortunately when I got back to my trailer I discovered that ants were climbing up my grey water hose and into my trailer, so I did my best to spray down any area where I could see the bugs entering or exiting my house.

It was incredibly humid outside today, and the tent's air conditioners had a hard time keeping up. Still, we had big crowds for all three shows.

Today was not a hard day, but after dealing with many rude audience members during our photo concession (kids stabbing us with light swords and stamping on our feet, and one father trying to rip our wigs off), I was definitely glad when it was over.


8/11/14- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I went to do laundry. I was in luck as there is a laundromat virtually across the street from the lot.
While I was switching my clothes from the washers to the dryers I spotted David, who was also doing his laundry.

David joined me for lunch next door at a Vietnamese bakery. He had been yesterday, and when he was describing his meal it really made me want to give the bakery a try.
The small restaurant was packed, but we got our sandwiches to go. Just like David had told me, the food was very tasty!

While I was putting on my make up for the show tonight, a notification from CNN popped up on my computer screen alerting me that Robin Williams was dead.
When I had the chance I looked up more information, and I was sad to see that it was suspected that he had committed suicide.

It's amazing to think of someone as funny and well loved as Robin Williams being so depressed that he would take his own life.
It's always been interesting to me when some of the funniest people in the comedy business have had such darkness in their lives.
On Facebook someone wrote a saying they had heard once: "The funnier they are, the sadder they are." To that statement, my friend, Neal Skoy, masterfully replied, "Thank God clowns aren't funny."

2 comments:

Tejano said...

Reading about your troubles with audience members gave me an idea.

Why dont you list the top 20 or so incidents that you and Ryan have had as clowns.

:)

Steve Copeland said...

ONLY 20?
I don't know if it can be done!
I'll try and think of some and pepper them into lean posts, like tomorrow's is going to be.

Steve