Friday, August 15, 2014

Thursday, August 14: Atlanta, GA- 7:30 p.m.


This morning I took David and his girlfriend, Maria, to Trader Joe's (sorry Jeff Schott). David has been on a big organic food kick for the past few months, and he requested that the next time I go to Trader Joe's that I take him and Maria along.

At 1:00 p.m. I headed to the tent's concession area for a "Frozen" themed birthday party for the Pompeyos' daughter, Katarina.
Katarina came to the party wearing her Elsa princess dress.


Boy am I glad I didn't wear mine too; THAT would have been embarrassing!

After visiting with folks at the party, I took my old clown shoes to a repair shop conveniently located in the same plaza as us.
My old shoes are from Marty Scott, and I didn't do a good job of keeping the leather oiled, so a couple of spots in the toe area of one shoe dried out and ripped open, exposing the horse hair inside.
The guy at the repair shop assured me that he could fix the rips and resole the shoes for a reasonable price. I was surprised when he told me that they would be ready tomorrow.

Luke and Laura Davis came to the show tonight, along with current Big Apple Clown Care unit member, Rob Hadaway, and his husband, David Short.

Luke continued his tradition of drawing pictures for the clowns of any circus he visits; Ryan, Carmelo, and I each received pieces of Luke's artwork.
(As soon as the pictures are posted on Facebook I will put them up here.)

After the show there was a birthday party for Visan's brother, Andrei. Ryan and I had a good time talking and laughing with the dancers about improper use of the English language and our various high school experiences.


Just a quick note: Be sure to watch CNN at 1:00 p.m. EST this Sunday, the 17th. Ryan and I are going to be on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

trader

Steve Copeland said...

I said I was sorry!!!