Friday, August 29, 2014

Thursday, August 28: Atlanta, GA- 7:30 p.m.

This morning I went to Panera Bread for breakfast. After parking my truck I was walking to the restaurant when I noticed a man who was sitting on a bench ahead of me. The reason I noticed him was that aside from enjoying his morning coffee, he was harassing one of the workers maintaining the grounds in the little shopping plaza.
This particular worker was wearing one of those hats with a white veil that covered his face, and the man on the bench kept yelling at him, "I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts!"
At first I thought the man knew the worker and was joking around with him, but when the worker approached the man, he suddenly became very agitated, screaming, "Get away from me before I call the cops! I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts!"

And that was my morning.

After breakfast and ghostbusting, I went to Barnes & Noble to pick up some new reading material. I got the most recent "Walking Dead" graphic novel, and I also picked up an issue of the UK based "Empire Magazine", which had an interview and photo shoot with folks involved with the movie, "Gremlins", which is celebrating its 30th birthday.

Back at the Plaza Fiesta I took one of my clown shoes to the shoe repair shop. The man working there did such a great job on my shoes the last time that I knew this job wouldn't be a problem for him.
There was a sizable rip in the leather at the base of the area where my shoelaces are. In an hour he had put a leather patch over the offending area, and I was good to go!

Rob Hadaway picked me up this afternoon and took me to Eddie's Trick Shop, a magic and make up store in town.
I was in dire need of some jumbo red makeup pencils, and I was also able to pick up a few other items of which my supply was dwindling.

Next Rob and I went to a mall containing a hat store where he had purchased a pith helmet many years ago for his hospital clowning character.
Rob was delighted that the store was still there, and also that they had another pith helmet in stock.
It was serendipitous that Rob needed to visit a hat store, because I was in need of a new cap for the water gag.
They had cheap ones in stock, but I decided to pay the extra money for a Kangol so it will hopefully last longer.

Back at the Plaza Fiesta Rob and I got some delicious tacos in the food court, and then it was time for me to get ready for our show.

I was heading back to my trailer after the show at exactly 9:30 p.m., so I made spur of the moment plans to catch a 10:00 p.m. movie.
I went to see the new "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film; when I was a kid I was all about the Ninja Turtles, a fact to which all the toys collecting dust in my Nana's attic can attest.
I was really disappointed in the movie (Ryan's reaction, "Really? I'm surprised you didn't expect to be."). The only part that I enjoyed was an exciting car chase down a snowy mountainside.
I'll stick to the cartoon series and the 1990 film, thank you very much!

No comments: