Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Saturday, September 13: Miami, FL- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


This morning Ryan, Tatiana, Nico, and I drove over to Miami Beach to visit an Argentinean bakery. I had a couple of empanadas, and I picked up two different sweets to go; both containing dulce de leche as a prime ingredient.
We also walked to a supermarket that had different Argentinean products that Tatiana wanted to buy.

Back at the lot I ran out to do some of my own errands. I got gas for the little clown car, I stopped by a pharmacy to get baby powder, and I swung by a hardware store to get new locks for the backs of my truck and trailer.

The first show tonight was almost full, and the audience was fantastic! Thank goodness we have these weekend shows to give us our laugher fix after a week of dismal response.

About fifteen minutes before the second show began there was a fierce wind and rain storm. People that walked over from the trailers said that the wind was absolutely terrible.
David Confal, our diabolo-gist, came into the dressing room soaking wet, and Ryan naively asked him, "Is it raining?"

The ground backstage quickly flooded from the deluge of rain. Carmelo saw this as an opportunity and caught himself some dinner.


There were less people at the second show (I blame the storm), but the audience was even better than the first crowd!
We really rocked them in the carpenter gag. What a feeling.....

While we were taking photos after the show we were chatting with a family that had posed with us. They were asking the standard questions (i.e. Where are you from? How long have you been with Vazquez? Why are you two so devilishly good looking? [ok, I made that last one up]), and then out of the blue the patriarch of the family asked if he could say a prayer for us.
Ryan replied with a robust, "Please!", and then we gathered in a little circle while the man asked God to look after our safety as we travel with the circus.
It was very nice of him, and of course I gloated to the dancers about how our souls were saved and how they were a bunch of shameful sinners.
Honestly, what good is redemption if you can't flaunt it?

I should have asked the devout man to ask God to smite the nightclub across the street from where our trailers are parked.
Their music was incredibly loud, and my trailer was vibrating from the bass all night.

No comments: