Monday, September 1, 2014

Sunday, August 31: Atlanta, GA- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.


This morning Jamarr and I went to have breakfast before I dropped him off at his sister's house. I'm so glad that we got to spend some time together, because we really didn't hang out that often when we were on the road with Ringling.

While I was setting the water for the first show I checked the tires on the little car and discovered a flat.
Ryan came over and helped me change the inner tube; strangely enough it was the same tire that popped a couple of weeks ago. I'm just glad I caught it before the show.

Unfortunately the car wasn't done giving us trouble for the first show. When I parked in the ring to start the carpenter gag, the engine wouldn't shut off.
I tried flipping the switch a couple of times, but to no avail. Finally I turned the choke on, which really quieted down the engine's idling rumbles.
The car was still running for the majority of the gag, but funnily enough the engine stalled and died the instant that Ryan hit the car with the sledgehammer.

Luckily the solution to the engine not wanting to shut off was a simple one. One of the cables going to the on/off switch had simply come out.
Jovani, one of the electricians, fixed the connection between shows so that it shouldn't happen again.

We had good attendance for the three shows today (Saturday's business was good too), which surprised me since this whole week was added on at the last minute.
Also, for those of you keeping score, Marcos Espana gave the motivational speech today!

At the end of the third construction gag a guy tried to trip Ryan as he exited through the seats. Ryan was moving at a healthy clip, and the audience member stuck his leg out straight in front of him.
Ryan's foot connected strongly with the man's foot, but while Ryan remained standing, the guy's shoe went flying.
I'd say Ryan emerged victorious from that match. Take note, any other jerk audience members out there.

No comments: