Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sunday, September 14: Miami, FL- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.


This morning I had breakfast at a French bakery that I spotted yesterday on our way back from Miami Beach.
It wasn't a terribly long walk from my trailer, but it seemed a lot worse before I had my morning coffee.

I was really worn out for the three shows today. The first show seemed to drag on forever, and I was getting so sleepy sitting backstage and reading.
Luckily there were big crowds for the first two shows.

After the second performance Ryan and I were waiting to take pictures when a mother, father, and their two small children walked up to us.
The mother asked Ryan, "Are you American?"
When Ryan replied that he was, she went on to say that they enjoyed the show, but they didn't think it was a good idea for children to see the bits we do with the circular saw in the carpenter gag.
This is a complaint we had on Kelly Miller, so Ryan was ready with a response.....until the husband then chimed in and likened our slapstick violence to the beheadings that are going on in the middle east.

When I heard that I bit about an inch off of my tongue before I could tell him how ridiculous he was being.
Ryan told the couple that he was sorry that they didn't like our act, and he directed them to the ticket office if they would like to make a complaint.
The woman said that they didn't want to do that, and then proceeded to repeat her earlier sentiments like a broken record.
Before they left, they also managed to accuse us of being insensitive to people's feelings.
Boy, do I feel sorry for those kids. They are screwed!

Ryan and I were pretty upset about the whole thing, and it pretty much ruined the rest of the evening for us.
I couldn't even enjoy the third show. I was just ready to be done so I could put the day behind me.

No comments: