Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sunday, September 7 & Monday, September 8: Miami, FL


9/7/14- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.

This morning my first order of business was visiting an auto parts store to pick up a new squeegee for the vacuum gag. Last night ours broke right before we went on, so we had to flex our improvisational muscles a bit.

Next I had breakfast over at Bayside, and while I was enjoying my danish and Cuban coffee a homeless man came up and asked for a dollar for a cup of coffee.
I went up to the counter with him and bought him a coffee, which made me feel good. I had been sitting feeling sorry for myself, and doing something nice for someone less fortunate really gave me a good feeling.
(Honestly I just wrote about this incident because I see no glory in random acts of kindness when you don't tell anyone about them. Shameless self promotion and back patting for me all the way!)

Today one of the crew members adjusted an air conditioning tube so that it was blowing directly into the men's dressing room.
That steady blast of cool air made all the difference during our two afternoon shows, and made the day so much more bearable.

Some television personalities and the director of programming from UNIVISION came to watch the first show, and they came over with Memo to take a photo with us after the performance.

Ryan and I really were excited to meet them. Honestly.....

After the second show Ryan and I saw a woman leaving the tent who had had butt implants installed.
It was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen, yet it inspired me to get butt implants some day.....
on my chest!

There was a small crowd for the third show, which really surprised me. Usually that is one of the biggest shows of the week.

After work I met Teo, Teo's local friends, Anya, Dustin, Elena, and Anastasiia over at Bayside for drinks and dinner.
Teo's friends all know him from Puerto Rico, and a couple of them now work at the Miami Zoo.


I had a good time out. Towards the end of the third show I had considered backing out of the invite, but I'm glad that I didn't.
I caught a cab back to the lot with Dustin, Anya, and their baby, which sure beat walking through the hood at 2 a.m.


9/8/14- 7:30 p.m.

I slept very late today. Note to self: be aware of how humid it is before a night of fun with friends.

When I was finally feeling like I wasn't going to die, I went grocery shopping. What with our busy schedule since we got to Miami, as well as my frequent inability to leave the lot with my truck, I was long overdue for a food run.

While I was out Ryan met with Bronson, our go to guy for national PR, and they planned for our upcoming appearance on "Despierta America".

We had a small crowd for the show tonight. The only thing noteworthy that happened was when a little girl from the audience ran into the ring at the end of finale to collect some of the glitter on the carpet.

No comments: