Friday, September 5, 2014

Wednesday, September 3: Travel Day To Miami, FL


This morning Ryan and I got up fairly early and began the final 150 miles of our drive to Miami.
We arrived without further incident around lunchtime; however, there was no place for the trailers to go. The lot containing the tent is too small for our houses, but for some reason there wasn't another area ready for us to begin parking.

Ryan and I just pulled our rigs in line with the other trailers, which were all parked along the curbs of side streets close to the lot.

I went for a walk to get my bearings and also to find something to eat. Since I hadn't eaten anything since I woke up at 8:00 a.m., I was famished.
The lot is close to the American Airlines Arena, which I played three times with Ringling, so I walked over to one of my old haunts, Bayside, which is a shopping and dining plaza right on the waterfront.
I found lunch at a good mediterranean restaurant in the food court area.

I spent the rest of my day and evening relaxing in my trailer's air conditioning, just waiting to be told where to park.
Around 8:00 p.m. my generator ran out of gas, and since I only had a little bit left, I decided to save it for tomorrow.

Not having any power forced me into an early bedtime. I conked out around 10:00 p.m., even though I was pouring sweat in my house. I opened my windows to let in a little breeze, but it was still incredibly humid outside even though it was later in the evening.


(Note: I know I'm behind schedule on my postings, but things have been pretty hectic around here. I'll catch up very soon!)

No comments: