Saturday, October 11, 2014

Friday, October 10: Bronx, NY- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


This morning Josh and I went to Grand Central Terminal to wait for our friend, Joy, who was coming from her college up in Yonkers.
Once she arrived we all headed further downtown and visited Abracadabra, a costume and make up shop that had great merchandise and awesome displays set up for Halloween.
I picked up some make up for Eddie's birthday/costume party on Monday, and I also picked up a new clown nose for the shows.

We had lunch at a Czech bakery called Cafe Prague that had delicious food. I picked up a menu for Claudie, our foot juggler, since she is from the cafe's namesake.

We had great audiences for the shows tonight.
At the start of the second water gag there was an usher standing at the top of the stairs where I make my entrance.
Obviously this was her first time working the show since she didn't move out of my way like the usher who normally mans that post. I hid behind her and waited for the gag to start.
When the spotlights hit her, she visibly started and scrambled to get out of the light. I added to her shock by jumping from behind her and shouting a greeting to the audience. I bet it looked pretty hilarious.

Unfortunately the generator kept dying during the 9:00 p.m. performance. The lights never shut off, but a couple of times the music stopped, only to resume a few seconds later.
I was frustrated that a couple of those power hiccups happened during the carpenter gag, which threw off some of our music cues and sound effects.
Thankfully the audience was fantastic, so they stayed with us through the technical difficulties, but it was a shame that we couldn't have rocked them with a flawless gag.

No comments: