Monday, October 20, 2014

Saturday, October 18: Bronx, NY- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


Today I went to have lunch at 5 Napkin Burger, a gourmet burger restaurant. I was only given one napkin with my meal, though. What a rip off!

After lunch I found a nearby barbershop and got a much need haircut. I then visited a couple of book stores in the area, and I was also able to peruse several tables full of books set up along the sidewalks on Broadway.

"Scare-athon" updates! Yesterday I watched "House Of 1,000 Corpses", which is one of my favorite horror films. The first forty minutes are perfect!
Today I watched a few episodes of "The Hilarious House Of Doctor Frightenstein", a 1970s Canadian children's television program featuring comedic versions of famous horror icons like Dracula, Igor, and the Wolfman.
It wasn't scary (or really that funny), but it was Halloween themed!

We had great audiences for the shows tonight. I've been saying a new line at the end of the carpenter gag that got a great laugh from the first crowd. When the applause for the end of the act dies down, I hold my hands up and say, "Yes, we are amazing! Thank you for noticing."

At the start of the second water gag I was running through the audience when I saw a family huddled together by one of the ramps that leads down to the concessions area.
The patriarch of the family was pointing into the ring, so he had his arm extended into the walkway that I was using.
I ran full tilt at his arm and pretended to clothesline myself on his hand. That earned me a huge laugh from the crowd, and it gave me plenty of schtick as I got back on my feet.

Ryan invited me over for homemade meatballs after the show, and at midnight I celebrated the beginning of my 31st birthday by having ice cream.
Ryan got the newest season of the show "South Park" on DVD as my gift, and he also wrote the lyrics to a birthday song just for me.
He had planned to have our composer friend, Larry Lees, put the song to music, but unfortunately Larry's computer crashed recently, and he wasn't able to complete the job.
Still, I enjoyed the hilarious lyrics that Ryan came up with, even if they were presented a cappella.

2 comments:

Greg Michales said...

Happy belated Birthday to you! We hope you did something good. We are planning on coming to see you guys in Queens and maybe bring some friends will let you know when.
Greg, Carole and Cam

Steve Copeland said...

Greg,

Thank you! I had a fun night; I'm about to write about it now.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Queens!

Steve