Sunday, October 26, 2014

Saturday, October 25: Bronx, NY- 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.


This afternoon I went down to the Village to have lunch. I took my food to Stuyvesant Square so I could eat in the park.
It was a very relaxing and enjoyable way to dine. The weather was perfect and I loved watching the pigeons and squirrels fighting over food. It was like being in my own little Thunderdome.



The shows tonight were full, and the audiences were great, particularly for the second performance.

Tatiana and Nico came back from their trip to Massachusetts tonight along with Ryan's mother and grandmother.
Ryan was naturally thrilled to have his family with him again.

In the second show the power cut out during the end of the dog act. Eddie, our production manager, came over and told me to wait until the power came back on before starting the water gag.
Even though Ryan was on the other side of the tent and didn't get the message, I knew that he wouldn't start until everything was operational again.

The show stopped for a good thirty to forty-five seconds before our music kicked in. We started our entrance in the seats, and a few seconds later the lights found us.
Luckily the power to get down the motorcycle rigging was working properly; my worst fear was that the bike would be stuck up in the air while Ryan and I had to distract the audience in the seats for an indefinite amount of time.
The whole situation could have been so much worse.

Tonight I watched another horror dud for the "Scare-athon", the 1982 film, "Pieces", about a lunatic that kills people with a chainsaw. The movie actually showed great potential in its opening scene, but it quickly went downhill from there.

The highlight of the movie was this hilariously insensitive and racist scene that was in the movie for absolutely no reason whatsoever:



1982 was a different time....I guess.

No comments: