Monday, October 13, 2014

Sunday, October 12: Bronx, NY- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.


This morning I caught the subway to Long Island City to visit my friend, Dan, at his apartment. Dan and I worked together on Ringling for two years, and he is currently a high school physics teacher.
Dan made a delicious breakfast for us, and we had a good time visiting and catching up with one another.

Today my cold entered a new stage of awfulness. I was coughing much more frequently, and my nose was stopped up, but at least my throat was feeling better.

Right at the beginning of the first show there was an issue with the speakers. The band was playing, but you could only faintly hear the music because it wasn't being amplified at all.
Teo had to run around and quickly solve the problem while also hitting all of his show cues. Luckily by the time the water gag was underway he had everything working properly.

All three shows today were packed, which always makes for an awesome day of performing.
Ernie Albrecht, from "Spectacle Magazine", was at the second performance to write a review for an upcoming issue.
Unfortunately we didn't have very long to visit with Ernie after the performance, because for some reason the 5:00 p.m. show was running way behind schedule.
Our picture concession was cut short after finale, and Ryan and I didn't have much of a break at all between the two shows after we had finished cleaning the mat.

Since I didn't have enough time to have a proper meal before the third show began, I made a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal to munch on, and I took both of those with me backstage to enjoy while I waited for the third show inspirational speech to begin.
Because of my cold, I was all bundled up in my robe, with a knit cap pulled over my head; when Georgie saw me like that, walking over for the speech with a chair under my arm, a cup of coffee in one hand, and a bowl of cereal in the other, she commented, "You look like a little homeless man."

That's the nicest thing a woman has said to me in a long time!

Helen gave the motivational speech for this week. Since she has been losing her voice, Helen did the whole speech via cue cards, which was a novel way to deliver her dose of inspiration.

Guillaume Dufresnoy, the artistic director of the Big Apple Circus, and Jenny Vidbel, BAC's star animal trainer, were both at the final show of the evening.
Jenny came over to say hello while we were taking pictures; I'm so glad they got to see us in front of a terrific audience.


One more thing!

I'm holding another contest!

If you're interested in participating, please write a motivational speech and e-mail it to stclown@lowcountry.com
It can be funny, it can be serious....it just has to be inspirational!

Selected works will be posted on the blog for everyone's enjoyment, and the winner will be read (and filmed) in front of the cast on an upcoming Sunday!

Enter today!

No comments: