Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sunday, October 26: Bronx, NY- 2:00, 5:00, and 8:00 p.m.


This morning I met Eggroll at Lincoln Center, and we walked over to the nearby Olympic Flame Diner to have breakfast.
On the way back to Lincoln Center he introduced me to Jimmy Tinsman, who works in the Big Apple Circus office.
I was very excited to meet Jimmy because he was a clown on Ringling back in the 1970s, as well as a performer with Big Apple during the show's early years; I didn't know that he was on the show again,  so it was a nice surprise to get to meet him.

Today for the "Scare-athon" I watched another abysmal horror film called "Death Bed: The Bed That Eats".
I figure the title is pretty self explanatory, so I'll save myself the energy of talking about the plot.
I will say that it was a real chore to get through the movie. I sort of knew what I was getting myself into, but how could I not be curious about a movie with a title like that!?

We had big crowds for our three shows today. Unfortunately it was hard to summon the energy to do a good job; my body was feeling very tired.

For our third show inspirational speech I did a comedy striptease to that old standard, "The Stripper".
For the blow off to my routine I removed my shirt to reveal that I had written "5 More Sundays!" across my belly. (So, my math was off and we actually have six more Sundays. Big deal! I was hoping people would be impressed that I wrote so legibly on my own stomach.)
Afterwards the dancers told me how much they enjoyed my striptease, which marks the first time that women have said they liked it when I took off my clothes.



Load out was ridiculously easy tonight for me and Ryan. By the end of the show we had already gotten over half of the props out of the tent, and I had also loaded a few things into my trailer.
Everything seemed especially easy after the pain in the butt load out that we had in Miami.

One more jump, and one more city before the end of the season!

2 comments:

Greg Michales said...

Wow! Jim Tinsman one of my favorites I'm jealous, I remember when he started with RBBB in late 70s along with Jeff Gordon. Both great talents and both latter went to BAC. Glad to see he is still involved with the circus. Seem to remember a table stacking act he did. I put you and Ryan in a category with them, you all come up with a lot of neat innovative stuff.
Greg

Steve Copeland said...

Greg,

Very impressive! You are right on all counts.

Steve