Friday, October 10, 2014

Thursday, October 10: Bronx, NY- 7:30 p.m.


Today Josh and I went to Chinatown where we found some delicious dumplings that were not only inexpensive, but also plentiful.
The restaurant where we bought them was just a little hole in the wall, so we took our food to a nearby park to eat.

After lunch we visited a Chinese bakery where I picked up one of my favorite baked goods: a red bean bun. Grandpa George, Ryan told me that I should mention that in the blog since you'd be proud of me.

At 4:30 p.m. Ryan, the Azzario Sisters, and I had a television publicity with the local UNIVISION station.
The reporter filmed an interview with us, and she also filmed a few clips goofing around with us. All of that footage, plus the interview with the Azzario sisters, was slated to air on the 11 o'clock news later in the evening.

Ryan and I went back to our trailers for a short time, and then we returned at 6:00 p.m. to film one live tease at the beginning of the news broadcast.
It was quick and easy, just the way I like it!

After the show Helen invited me over to her and Emma's trailer for curry night. Helen's brother, David, her best friend from school, Katie, and Katie's sister, Ellie, are all in town visiting, and Helen wanted to have a small get together to celebrate the occasion.
Helen made a delicious, proper, English curry that all of us greatly enjoyed. I also brought over the red velvet cake that our friend, Kevin, brought on Tuesday, and we all had a lovely evening eating and talking.


Claire and I even put our hatred for each other on hold for an hour to color together. 
The healing power of curry at work!

No comments: