Friday, October 17, 2014

Thursday, October 16: Bronx, NY- 7:30 p.m.


This morning I was on my way into Manhattan when I got a call from John Kennedy Kane, aka Eggroll, who is the ringmaster for Big Apple Circus.
I asked if he would like to meet up for lunch, and since he had a few hours before their afternoon show run through, he agreed.

I met Eggroll at Lincoln Center, and he introduced me to a few of the performers on this year's show before we took off to find a diner.
We had a good time catching up, and Eggy was nice enough to buy my lunch. (He insisted I put that part in)

After leaving Lincoln Center I went to Penn Station to walk the route I would always take on the way to work when I was playing Madison Square Garden with Ringling. Ah, memories. I even picked up a black and white cookie on the way. Ah, sugary treats.

Today for the "Scare-athon" I watched "The Shining", the Stanley Kubrick adaptation of Stephen King's novel.
I wasn't a fan of the film the first time I saw it, but I watched it again several years ago, and I liked it much more upon a second viewing.
(I highly recommend the novel if you haven't read it)

We had a very enthusiastic audience for the show tonight, which made the show much more enjoyable for all of us in the cast.
The parents and grandmother of my friend, Dan Berkley, were in the audience, as well as Sam and Braxton McCollum.

Dan's grandmother, his dad, Roger, and his mom, Elaine

Ryan and I met Sam and Braxton on Kelly Miller last year, and Sam was actually able to see Vazquez in Miami last month while he was there on a business trip.
I was so glad that he was able to come back with Braxton to catch the show. They even treated us to dinner after the show.
I felt very lucky to be able to visit with so many friends today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your girlfriend still overseas on a boat?

Steve Copeland said...

She's back home in Wyoming now, but we broke up back in May.

Steve

Carl Bly said...

Funny I was just thinking of her, and that you had said nothing additionally to your comment back in May. Of course that really said nothing, but I was pretty sure she had left the scene! Sorry to know, but glad you found out now. Eggroll does an excellent job as story teller in Big Apple. Saw the show again on dress rehearsal night at Dulles Town Center. Great performers as usual, but the clown is not funny (my opinion). They'll come looking for you guys before long. Enjoy the blog a lot and appreciate that you are doing more regular than when you started the season.

Steve Copeland said...

Hey Carl,

I am looking forward to seeing Big Apple next week.

Steve